Epoxy Flooring: All You Need To Know
Epoxy flooring is one of the most popular flooring solutions we install at Impact Flooring but many people don’t know what it is, what it does or why it is so popular. If you’re in need of new flooring and are considering epoxy flooring, here’s everything you need to know.
What Is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy flooring is one of the most versatile and long-lasting flooring solutions for industrial spaces and so it’s a good solution for many businesses and places of work. It is created using a resin and a hardener, which then combine together to create a durable and strong flooring surface. It is this flooring surface that is referred to as being ‘epoxy’.
What Makes Epoxy Floors So Popular?
Epoxy flooring has a number of characteristics that make it a popular flooring solution, especially for locations with a lot of heavy machinery or harmful chemicals. So, why it is to popular?
- The flooring is extremely resilient and therefore it takes a lot for it to become damaged in any way. Not only does this mean that the flooring will stand the test of time, but it also decreases the amount of time and money that will be lost to repairs.
- It puts up a strong fight against the general wear and tear expected of an industrial environment by being UV light, heat, abrasion and scratch resistant. It takes a lot for epoxy flooring to become damaged or faulty in any way.
- It is resilient to harsh chemicals and so spillages will not cause any lasting damage.
- It can withstand the weight and movement of machinery and heavy vehicles with no problems.
- The flooring is slip resistant, making it a good choice for environments where health and safety is important and spillages are frequent.
Who Should You Choose Epoxy Flooring?
When it comes to deciding on the type of flooring to have installed in a workplace there are a lot of different options to choose from, each with unique characteristics and benefits. Epoxy flooring is commonly used in all types of warehouses and factories. It is one of the rare flooring solutions that is versatile enough to be a good fit for any location, such as:
- Pharmaceutical Buildings
- Storage Facilities
- Automotive Facilities
- Food Processing Factories
Why Impact Flooring
At Impact Flooring, we install a wide range of different flooring solution in a number of industrial environments. Epoxy flooring installation is one of our most popular services and we provide a professional service. The team at Impact Flooring work hard to install flooring solution as quickly as possible to ensure a minimal amount of working time is lost, and to the high standard expected. Find out more about epoxy floors by getting in touch.